A thin piece of wire attached to a u-shaped metal frame, a coping saw is said to be one of the most important tools in any toolbox or workbench. It is preferably used in places where precision and accuracy are required. A coping saw can easily cut through places where all other electric tools fail. Some people go as far as calling them an average man’s scaling blade. This tool has the ability to cut through materials such as wood, plastic, soft metal sheets, ceramic tiles, cornice, and baseboard moldings.
The coping saw is basically used to cut through tough materials such as plastic, tiles, pipes, and even thin metallic sheets. They are majorly used by professionals in wood-crafting and baseboard molding. However, a lot of times, people don’t do proper research before buying their most important tool and end up hating this amazing tool. In this article, we have discussed in detail all the best coping saw. So that you know exactly what you need according to your requirements, without any further delay, let’s get started.
Best Coping Saws – Top 10 Lists
IRWIN Tools ProTouch Coping Saw
Manufactured by Irwin, this coping saw tops the list due to its amazing performance in terms of ease of copying material. This amazing tool provides great single-handed operation due to its specially designed ergonomic ProTouch Handle.
The overall frame is made up of a flat bar, whereas its sharp DuraSteel coping blades provide the experience of a lifetime. If you are a professional looking for the best durable coping saw well under your budget, then look no further as this may be your dream tool.
- High-speed steel coping saw blades cut through most materials with ease
- A Flat-Bar frame and DuraSteel pins on this coping saw provide durable use
- This coping saw has an ergonomic ProTouch handle to give added comfort
- 17-pt. tooth count
- 5-1/2" frame depth and 6-1/2" blade length
OLSON SAW SF63510
If you are someone who follows the trends, then this should be your current choice as the OLSON SAW SF63510 is currently the best seller coping seen on amazon. It has a very durable metal frame fitted with the signature Olson 15 TPI Blade, which can easily cut through plastic, wood, and soft metals without any hassle.
This is considered to be a must-have tool by professionals due to its ability to be highly portable. It is equipped with a hardwood handle, which is specially designed to equally distribute the applied pressure throughout the blade, making this tool highly precise. Another feature of this product is its ability to turn its blades at an angle of 360 degrees so that the saw can cut in any desired direction with the same ease.
- This is a sturdy, professional saw that allows standard pin end coping saw blades to be tensioned at both ends
- Blades can be turned 360 to saw in any direction- push or pull stroke
- Hard wood handle
- Power source type: Hand Powered
Smithline Ergonomic Professional Grade Coping Saw
This amazing design from Smithline is not only very useful for professional work but also makes you look cool. The whole frame is made out of durable metal combined with a patented Ergonomic handle making it very easy to operate. The saw can be operated single-handedly with ease and can cut through any material without any hassle.
The innovative design of this coping saw ensures a strain-free user experience even during long work sessions. It is made to be highly durable and ensures user safety while maintaining a high-speed cutting experience. If you are looking for a cool yet effective coping blade for either your workshop or for home, then look no further. This is an all-in-one coping blade made just for you.
- NEW Patented ERGONOMIC Handle for improved comfort & handling
- REDUCE WRIST STRAIN with our newly designed soft grip handle
- QUALITY STEEL frame for professional use
- Rubberized COMFORT grip
- Hardened tempered blade for clean cutting
BAHCO 301 6 1/2 Inch Coping Saw
The BAHCO 301 is a very professional coping saw designed especially for high-end users. It is very durable due to its nickel-plated metal frame. However, the Orange-lacquered, wooden beech handle is not suitable at all for long sessions as it can cause fatigue to the arms.
It has long-lasting high-speed hardened carbon steel blades that can easily cut through anything in its way while making minimum dust. The blade is fitted on retaining pins, making it easy to change and providing 360 degrees turning. It has a weight of just 0.28lb and an average blade length of 0.16meters. It has the ability to cut through soft metals, wood, plastics, and ceramic tiles with equal ease.
- Nickel-plated steel frame
- Orange-lacquered, wooden beech handle
- Interchangeable blade fitted on retaining pins, turnable 360Degree
- Blade of hardened and tempered carbon steel, teeth milled and set, 14TPI
Stanley Hand Tools 15-106 6-3/4″ FatMax Coping Saw
This product is manufactured in China and exported all around the world. It is claimed to have a lifetime warranty due to its durable material frame. The blades are edge-tempered made out of hardened steel, providing high speed and precise cutting experience.
If you are a person who loves to perform single-handed operations, this may be the tool for you. The easy to hold, comfortable and long-lasting rubber grip makes it highly ergonomic. Its sharp blade can cut through the desired material very easily. One drawback is that it is not suitable for multidirectional cutting experience as its blade can’t be turned into any other angle besides 90 degrees.
The 70-CP1R is manufactured by one of the oldest companies which has been producing professional tools since 1909. This company is also called the Zippo of the professional tools industry. It is made out of a steel frame and wooden handle. The bimetal spring steel blades are considered to be unbreakable and resistant to any tear under normal usage conditions.
This product is great for wood crafting professionals as it seamlessly cuts through lumber without producing sawdust. The blade can be turned at any angle and adjusted according to the needs of its user. The overall weight of the saw is mere 0.5lbs and has a long length of up to 0.3meters, making it great for cutting through lumber. It has the ability to produce sharp turn cuts with very clean edges while maintaining precision. If you are a wood crafting professional, we highly recommend you to check this product.
- Comfortable wooden handle and steel frame
- 12-3/8" overall length x 5-1/8" high
- Blades can be positioned at any angle to the frame for cutting and shaping in wood
- Virtually unbreakable bimetal blade for superb cutting performance, wear resistance and safety
- Use to cut intricate external shapes and interior cutouts
Magic Saw Universal Hand Saw Kit
This standard-looking coping saw is, in fact, highly durable. We all are familiar with Korean efficiency as well as Carbon steel blade. Well, this saw finds its origins in Korea and is directly imported into the USA. It has a steel frame, a durable plastic handle, and a toothed blade made out of hardened, tempered steel.
The whole coping saw is made to last for a very long time while maintaining the same great quality as new. This saw is very lightweight, 14.8 Ounces only, and proves itself great for cutting through hard materials such as wood, soft metal, Plastic, Bamboo, Acrylic, Nail, PVC pipe, Aluminum, etc with great ease. If you are a professional and are looking for a saw that requires minimum maintenance and has a great lifespan, then look no further as this may be your coping saw of dreams.
A product from Allied internationals who have been making professional tools for more than 40 years. This saw has a frame made out of carboned steel and a very beautiful-looking hardwood handle. Carbon steel has proved itself to be highly durable and sustainable. The main quality of this coping saw is that its blades are heat-treated, which means that it has the ability to stay sharp for a great amount of time. Thus, it requires minimum maintenance.
The everlasting sharp blade, combined with highly durable carbon steel, provides an amazing lifespan. The company even offers a lifetime product warranty for any damaged material. It has the ability to cut through even the hardest of materials with ease and is preferred in places where great accuracy is required. If you want a durable coping saw at a very low price, then this is the product for you.
- Carbon steel frame with comfortable hardwood handle
- Blade can be turned 360 degrees for cutting at any angle
- Heat treated blade stays sharp longer than traditional blades
Spyral FreeStyle Coping Saw with 360 Degree
Coming at no 9 on our list is the Spyral FreeStyle Coping Saw with 360 Degree. It is a beautifully designed saw having a durable steel frame along with a grooved plastic handle for easy grip. The specially designed handle ensures fatigue-free working for longer periods of time. It comes with a sample pack of 5 freestyle blades in 3 different diameters (.028″, .040″ and .050″)
This saw is fitted with an awesome tungsten Carbide blade, which is known for its Extreme durability among all the metals. This blade will remain sharp than any other material for a longer period of time. According to a user review, this blade is capable of easily cutting through anything, including raw bones. This product is great for professionals as well as for home-usage. We suggest you consider this product if you are looking for something that is highly durable and reliable.
- Total Flexibility: 360° tooth will cut in any orientation and direction, allowing complete flexibility in use without having to rotate the blade
- Cuts In All Directions: Designed to cut all contours and shapes including notches, sharp v and spirals, saving the frustration of fighting the set of the blade
- Multi Use: Blades ends can be twisted off for use as a hole saw (.040" and .050" blades only); to reattach to saw, simply twist the ends back on
- Comfort Handle: Ergonomic design offers superior control and reduces fatigue
- Blades Included: Comes with a sample pack of 5 freestyle blades in 3 different diameters (.028", .040" and .050")
SUBRILLI Coping Saw Steel Frame with Diameter 0.45mm Diamond Wire
Last but not least on our list is another product from manufacturer SUBRILLI is a SUBRILLI Coping Saw made out of the signature hardened steel material frame along with a walnut hardened wood handle grip. This special grip makes this product very easy to handle for long sessions and provides great ergonomics.
The blades are made out of high-grade carbon metal, which can cut through any material pretty easily. The ergonomic grip provides great turning comfort and amazing precision. According to user reviews on this product, the blades are very sharp but don’t remain that way for long. Also, it needs to be tightened and adjusted according to the user’s needs right out of the box. However, the manufacturer promises a lifetime warranty and good build quality. If you want to have a spare coping saw for emergencies or for your home needs, then we suggest that you check this one out.
- PACKAGE: 1 x Coping Saw Steel Frame + 1M length and 0.45mm diameter Diamond Wire Saw
- GOOD QUALITY: Made of high quality diamond and steel
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Provide sharper cutting, saving energy, low waste and more environmental protection
- USAGE: All kinds of precious stones and other abrasive Marble Granite Glass Pottery Wood Metal model of High-Precision cutting of various fine cut hard brittle material
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: Fast cutting speed, less chips, smaller cutting seam, cutting surface is smooth, a good choice for fine-cut
A coping saw is a must-have tool, whether you are a home user or a professional. We really hope that our list of the top 10 best coping saw blades provides some assistance to you when purchasing a coping saw.